October 5, 2010

Batter Up! But make sure you use TWO HANDS!

Wine and baseball! Not normally a pairing I would put together, but it works... when you do it right.

I had the privilege of recently attending a Yankees vs. Tampa Bay Rays game and prior to my arrival at the new stadium, had everything laid out and every sports-like craving on lock down. I guess you could say it was a bit premeditated. I was going to rock some Yankees colors, down a dirty dog and a draft beer, and watch my future hubby (Nick Swish-a-lishious) do what he does best. Or so I thought...

As we arrived, we headed up to the luxurious Audi Club (holler!) and took to our behind-glass seats. Surrounded by carving stations galore and free-flowing booze, how could this night go wrong? And much to my excitement, it didn't.

The thought of beer jolted from my mind as I overheard the guy next to me order a glass of wine, and the waitress returning with an entire bottle for him. "Now this is my style!" I thought to myself. Naturally, instinct took over and I ordered myself some wine and much to my delight, I made two discoveries worth sharing:

2006 Flowers Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir -- this bottle represented the full spectrum of a classic pinot noir. It offered a beautiful light garnet color, cinnamon and spice on the nose and a blend of bing cherry and nutmeg on the palate. It's smooth tannins and oak finishing made for a completely uplifting experience. This pinot MAY takeover as a top WinoBee choice!

Cost: $49/bottle
Where to Buy: Malloy's Wine


2006 Two Hands "Bella's Garden" Shiraz -- heading from the Barossa Valley, this wine belts "ruby red." It offers a vibrant red cherry and raspberry core with an essence of pepper and dark chocolate.

Cost: $58/bottle
Where to Buy: Wine.com

0 comments: