- Spicy - consists of pepper, clove, cinnamon and licorice flavors
- Fragrant - the wine tastes moderately floral
- Fruity - made up of citrus, tropical, tree fruit, berry and dried flavors
- Vegetable - tastes of herbs, grass, bell pepper, and mint
- Chemical - exudes characteristics of paper and sulfur
- Earthy - mold, must and Earth flavors
- Woody - consists of smoke, oak or hints of vanilla
The terms listed above are not only that which can describes both the flavor and scent of wine, but are often the most encountered. So, next time you try a new wine, take a moment to examine the above descriptors to better recognize and remember specific details about your wine.