August 5, 2010

Ruffino Riserva Ducale Oro

When I sip on a nice Chianti, I pretend I'm Frances Mayes in "Under the Tuscan Sun" dreaming about the day that I will be able to afford my own Bramasole and spend my days wasted away touring the copious amounts of vineyards that surround me.

But until I get to that point, I have to settle for quality Italian wines, like this Ruffino Riserva Ducale Oro.

Chianti, that little red wine produced in Tuscany, has historically has been associated with "cheapness," but more recently upgraded from a squat bottle with straw encasing to a traditional shaped glass of goodness that makes it way into our hearts.

The Ruffino Riserva Ducale Oro captures classic Chianti with a distinct style all its own, and its style continues to open up the more you let it breathe - so decant and let it sit for a tad. In doing so, you'll uncover the nose opens slowly with cherry, tobacco and pepper aromas. This fuller bodied wine, also has an earthy core to it and a lingering dark berry flavor and nutmeg on the palate. Simply smooth and magnificent!

Cost: $40/bottle
Where to Buy: Wine.com
Pairing: Veal Parmesan


0 comments: