August 3, 2010

A Date with JUSTIN

If ever I feel I'm having a night where a little TLC is necessary, I plan a date with Justin. Much like Banfi, I haven't met a Justin that hasn't treated me well. He's smooth. He's dark. He's delicate. And most importantly, he's tender on the lips.

On lavish nights, we sit together and toast with Isoceles, but on more primitive nights we simply cozy up on the couch with a Paso Robles Cabernet.

This particular Justin 2007 Paso Robles Cabernet warmed my heart. He was dark and mysterious. When I nuzzled up with him, I smelled cinnamon, spice and dark plum, and when I pressed my lips to him, he was soft with a red and dark fruit forwardness that took my breathe away. The best part, he was balanced - no harsh acidity, no overwhelming tannins, just a multitude of flavor that lingered on the lips and coated the mouth.

Ok, enough of the Nora Roberts novels. Let's be honest... Justin is so good that he makes his rounds (just ask @GlutenGossip who's also been known to shack up with him on a few good nights, too). Wink wink!

Cost: $22/bottle
Where to Buy: Wine.com
Pairing: Braised Short Ribs and Gorgonzola Polenta, yummers!


0 comments: