August 6, 2010

My Second Date with JUSTIN

In continuing my steamy romance with Justin, we upped our couples status this past week over a more exquisite bottle from his collection, Isoceles. Like other Justin's of my past, I was delighted by what this particular bottle had to offer me:
  • He's a great blend - 88% cabernet, 8% cab franc and 4% merlot
  • He's dark and handsome - a deep purple color with slight ruby hue
  • He smells delightful - aromas of dark fruits like blackberry and plum accompanying a hint of leather, vanilla and cassis (god bless you, oak aging!)
  • He's tasteful - immediately notes of red and black fruit (particularly currants) followed by light tannins and more earthy undertones.
Oh, Justin, how my heart and lips melt for you. You've been the most consistent man in my life... but I think if you want to win my whole heart, we should opt for your Reserve next date - after all, 3rd date says the most and I'm going for the highest expression possible.

Cost: $62/bottle
Where to Buy: Justin Vineyards
Pairing: A nice Gouda cheese - its salty and sweet taste will give you great balance with this bold red.




0 comments: