November 16, 2010

Green & Black's: Part I - From Bean to Bar

If wine and chocolate were "raindrops on roses" they would both be considered a few of my favorite things. No, actually they are my raindrops and always rank #1 and #1.5 in the "WinoBee Book of Likes." So naturally when I was approached by the folks at Green & Black's to attend an event that incorporated both of these things, my head immediately nodded up and down.

Now, my long-standing affair for Green & Black's is no secret. Hell, some may consider my obession of 70% bars a slight addiction. I stick them in my fridge and must have a piece every night post-dinner. Its sort of become a ritual and I'm not one to mess with tradition!!

But the reason I like Green & Black's isn't solely because of the quality ingredients and intense, bittersweet experience their chocolates inspire, but rather because of all the socially conscious work they do alongside. These chocolates really do offer a true "bean to bar" story and G&B's Head of Taste, Micah Carr-Hill told us a little more about it (as well as his reccos for wine pairings which we'll feature tomorrow). Take a look:


GIVEAWAY OPPORTUNITY!
Winner, winner - chicken dinner! It's time for me to share my love of Green & Black's with you. Enter to win this "Chocoholic's Dream Bag" by doing the following:

1) Leave a comment here about what G&B chocolate you're craving right now. Please also leave your email address as a means of contact should you be our lucky winner.
2) Tweet @WinoBee with your craving and a link to this post.
3) Follow us on Facebook and leave a comment with your craving.

One entry per person per platform is permitted. Winner will be randomly selected Monday, November 22, 2010. U.S. based winners only (sorry!) Good luck!

22 comments:

Kristin said...

I am craving ALL G&B chocolate right now as tomorrow is the last day of my "30-day Dessert Fast Challenge." :) A perfect way to celebrate would be with some G&B Hot Cocco and a bar of 70% Dark! (Or, if I won some cooking G&B, I could incorporate it into a ChopShtick recipe!

chopshtick@me.com

Anonymous said...

I am an almond nut and am crazily craving some almond Green & Black's right now!!

larawinks@yahoo.com

Amy said...

I am ALWAYS craving G&B Caramel...great, now I'm going to have to find one. :)

Anonymous said...

G&B Caramel... NOW... please

Anonymous said...

Dark 70% now. thanks.

suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] said...

dark 70% or the caramel! yum! :) slightlydelightful at gmail

Mike said...

The Toffee Chocolate would be a winner right now for me, thanks! mike.karr at gmail.com

FMM said...

I've been craving the Ginger bar...mm mm good!

simo4181 at gmail dot com

FMM said...

Follow on Facebook (Chris Simon)
I'm also craving the Dark 70%!
simo4181 at gmail dot com

Amy F said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy F said...

I could definitely go for a G&B peanut bar - I love the salty sweet combo and the fact that it is gluten free!

Babyfro said...

All of the bars look absolutely delicious but I'd have to go with Toffee or the white chocolate bar. Mmmmm. I can never have enough chocolate.

babyfro97 at gmail dot com

Katie said...

I'm drooling over the Toffee!
katiekarr at gmail dot com

Lauren: said...

I'm craving the caramel bar!

Wehaf said...

I'd love the white chocolate right now!

urchiken at gmail dot com

valerie2350 said...

dark 85% mmmm

valerie2350 @ hotmail dot com

Deb K said...

The Hot Cocoa sounds the best to me


deb55106{at}gmail{dot}com

Deb K said...

I like you on FB and I am now also craving caramel chocolate :-)


deb55106{at}gmail{dot}com

melanie said...

I am craving G&B Caramel oh and some hot cocoa too. It is snowing outside and all i want to do i sit in front of the fire and snack.
melaniecalcut@gmail.com

melanie said...

Melanie Calcut is now a facebook fan and i wrote on your wall.
melaniecalcut@gmail.com

melanie said...

http://twitter.com/mcalcut/status/6809444188954625

WinoBee said...

Congratulations to Valerie, our Green & Blacks giveaway winner.

Based on all eligble entries, random numbers generated Nov 24 2010 at 13:5:44 by www.psychicscience.org selected #13.