April 17, 2011

Cocktail Corner: Blackberry Basil Bliss

As I've stated many times, on occasion I deviate from my typical wine regime and want to play with the big boys by drinking something a wee-bit stronger. And one of those times just happened to be this weekend. I'm still not sure what got into me, all I know is my Friday and Saturday evenings resulted in two separate cocktail benders. I blame this on a company happy hour that kicked off the weekend, where many of us indulged in (what I later learned) were Everclear Margaritas ... no wonder I was socially lubricated after just one (thank you, Rio Grande!)

Friends who witnessed my inebriated antics, god bless you. Others looking to mimic it, well, I would never do that to you. Instead, I decided to use my "detox" of a Sunday to devise my own specialty cocktail (which will soon be featured on Glo.com!) that mixes my easy nights with my more edgy nights, cuz' hey, that's the kinda' girl I am. The result... Blackberry Basil Bliss! Ain't it purrrty?

Ingredients:
  • 5 fresh blackberries
  • 3 large leaves, basil (fresh)
  • 1.5 oz. Cointreau
  • 1 oz. Whiskey
  • 2-3 oz. Prosecco
Directions:
Muddle blackberries in a small bowl. Shred basil into short strips. Place both items at the bottom of a champagne flute, or other festive stemware. NOTE: The more condensed the glass, the darker the appearance of the beverage.

Add Cointreau and whiskey. Top off with prosecco, or other sparkling white wine.

0 comments: