April 7, 2011

2008 Lazan Spanish Red

The funny thing about becoming a "wine resource" for friends and family is that they love helping contribute to my discoveries.

Back in January, I had the privilege of taking a trip to Kona, Hawaii with one of my best friends and her family. The week was filled with fun adventures (some of which included wine) and to repay my gratitude to my amazing hosts I sent them what I knew best... a plethora of wine.

To my surprise, they sent me a review of their first wine just recently, so naturally I felt it was my duty to share their feedback with you.

Enter this 2008 Lazan Spanish Red made from a blend of Moristel and Granacha grapes. According to the panel of tasters, this wine "had good nose and a nice fruity aroma which was more evident as it breathed. On the first taste, everyone thought it was favorable with a fruity, but not too heavy touch. Nice oak undertones, too, however, the finish was where this wine fell apart -- it was very bland." These WinoBee's gave it a 7 out of 10!

Ah, the perks of having a "following" to do your dirty work (thank you, Mr. Feldman!)

Where to Buy: Barclay's Wine
Cost: $14/bottle

This has been a guest post compliments of Jerry Feldman.

0 comments: