Kristin is not just one of my many fabulous co-workers, she's also an amazing friend whom I've grown very close to over the past year. She's a young woman with so many creative talents and an appetite for life that keeps her adventurous and spry. Not only does she inspire me (and keep me feeling like I'm in my "mid-twenities" again, hehe!) but she teaches me to go outside my comfort zone and make discoveries all my own... and so thats how "The Pearnut" was born!
- Kristin is one of the most beautifully eclectic people I know so naturally I had to select ingredients that were just the same.
- Her adventurous nature, particularly when it comes to her culinary side inspired me to channel my own "inner-Kristin" by trying something completely out of my ordinary and seeing if I could come up with something fabulous.
- One time Kristin decided to give up sweets for a month, and naturally I harassed her with desserts nearly every day... here's another one!
- (1) Asian Pear
- 1 Tbsp sugar; 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- (10) Walnuts, crushed
- 3 pitted Dates, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Cinnamon and nutmeg, sprinkle
- Sparkling Wine
- Cinnamon stick, optional
- Slice up pear and dates and crush walnuts using a food processor.
- Add coconut oil to sauté pan over medium heat, followed by pear, walnut and dates.
- Add sugars and cook for approximately five minutes.
- Put pear and nut mixture into a food processor to puree until smooth. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.
- Add mixture to 1/4 of the way up a champagne flute. Fill with sparkling wine of choice.
- Garnish with cinnamon stick.