Meet Alycia and Mike!
Also know has my best friend and her amazing fiance. They are both gearing up for their BIG DAY in just over four months, so when I decided to implement Bellini Week, I immediately knew I wanted to create a wine cocktail that possessed the same passionate attributes that these two individuals do -- not just for each other, but for life in general... and so "The Lovebird" was birthed.
- Nothing says love like a bright burst of pinks and reds, so naturally I swayed toward delicious, in-season red fruits.
- They're a Florida-based couple and exude the sunshine they breathe so I wanted to make sure the cocktail was refreshing and filled with pleasant bursts of flavor.
- Aly's infectious personality calls for a little extra pizzazz, which meant we need to add some liquor!
- Puree blueberries, strawberries and plum with a splash of water and splash of pomegranate juice.
- Add about 2 Tbsp of pureed fruit mixture to champagne flute.
- Add 1 additional Tbsp of POM juice to flute.
- Add 1 Tbsp of Chambord.
- Fill remaining portion of glass with sparkling white wine and accent with fresh mint.