July 29, 2009

2006 Drylands Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc

Last night, I found myself sitting in a luxurious hotel room at the Fairmont Copley Plaza in Beantown, spent from a day of traveling and pre-event hussle and bussle. In my mind, there's no better way to wine down than with a lavish dinner (described by something I could likely never cook myself) and a glass of vino to compliment it.

Enter my Steamed Georges Baked Cod flavored with tomato-basil olive oil vinaigrette, basmati rice and market veggies. For a light dish, I needed a light wine so naturally I opted for a glass of Sauvignon Blanc (did you expect anything else from me?)

It didn't matter to me that The Oak Room was savoring my wallet as I was savoring this glass. For a normal retail of $15/bottle, I got to fork out $12 for just one tasty glass... lucky me.

But lucky I was, as this wine was a quality summertime compliment to my meal. You should know by know I'm a sucker for a light, crisp white wine, and the '06 Drylands Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand hit the spot. It offers an open nose with lots of decadent aromas blending from lime to grass. It's an exceptionally ripe wine that tastes of granny apples, grapefruit and even a hint of mineral. Overall, perfectly balanced, very crisp and clean to the palate... a must try (well, for retail value... not what I paid!)

Where to Buy: Wine.com
Cost: $15/bottle

0 comments: