November 28, 2008

On the Third Day of Wine Gifts...

On the third day of wine gifts, my true love gave to me...

So you may think I'm old fashioned, or just behind the times, but I like to consider my next choice for wine gifting more of a "classic."

The Rabbit has been touted for the past few years as the best corkscrew for wine lovers of any level. Particularly for novices, the Rabbit's simple removal system, which consists of attaching to the bottle and flipping the lever, allows winos alike to depart with their precious wine cork in a mere 3 seconds. That's 3 seconds flat to go from bottle, to glass, to your mouth. Sign me up! Not to mention all the bypassing you will be able to do from having to muscle up and keep twisting your old corkscrew until the cork comes loose...

And while everyone loves a classic (especially one that's already been perfected), the maker's of the Rabbit decided to put a fresh new spin on their corkscrew by offering the Vertical Rabbit Corkscrew. Its glossy finish is still built for speed and precision! Plus, the die-cast zinc lever handle and non-stick worm keeps every maneuver smooth. The Rabbit stands ready in a hinged Lucite case with foil cutter and replacement worm, and its synthetic cork friendly. The most fun part... they are offered in fun colors. You can get your Rabbit in Gun Metal, Candy Apple Red, and Velvet Black. Oh, it also has the same 10-year warranty as the original too. Let's just say, I've already added this one to my stocking stuffer list!

Where to Buy: Wine Enthusiast

Cost: $59.95

0 comments: