Happy Monday! Happy First Day of Work! Happy I Don't Know What to Plan For the Rest of the Week! Actually, after reading this post you will because I have another amazingly delish recipe from our good pal, Lisa Matthias, from The Novice Nosher.
I secretly wish I could just hire Lisa to be my personal menu maker. It would make my hectic life hella' easy and would require very little thought from me... well, at least until I got to the wine pairing portion of the meal!
So on that note, on the menu for this week is a medley of seafood over pasta. And lucky for you health conscious bugs, you can improvise with many ingredients in this recipe! Go on, try it out. You know you wanna!
- 1/2 lb of fresh or thawed frozen shrimp (other seafood works great in this but preparation may be different)
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes, Italian-seasoned if available
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Red cooking wine
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Dried basil and oregano or dried Italian herb mix
- Spaghetti or linguine (whole wheat or white)
- Optional: Parmesan cheese
Pairing Party from WinoBee:
To balance the acidity of the tomatoes in this dish, opt for a lighter to medium bodied, but higher acidity wine, like an Italian red. Ruffino Ducale Oro is a great sangiovese-based Chianti with a style all its own. You'll experience cherry, tobacco and pepper aromas, with an earthy core and lingering dark berry flavor and nutmeg. Smooth and magnificent with this dish!
Where to Buy: Wine.com