For those of you South of the Mason Dixon, be sure to check out the following events in your area (this WinoBee is aiming to be at the Alexandria F&W Festival - leave a comment if you're planning to as well!)
Alexandria Virginia Food & Wine Festival -- Alexandria VA
This weekend-long festival consists of 50+ events, including Vintner Dinners in numerous restaurants, the King Street Sip ‘n Stroll, tastings of Virginia ’s locally grown wine, and tasty food seminars in grand tasting ballrooms at the Old Town Alexandria Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn Hotels
- When: Friday, October 9 through Sunday, October 11
- Time: 11:00am to 6:00pm.
- Cost: Admission is $35 online, ($45 at door)
- For more, visit: www.oldtownwinefestival.com
Harvest Celebration Festival-- Oak Grove , VA
This year Ingleside Vineyards will celebrate its 29th Harvest. Visitors can view winemaking demonstrations, stomp grapes and tour the vineyards.
- When:Saturday, October 17, 2009
- Cost: Admission is $15 (reservations recommended). Admission includes music, tours, tastings and a free souvenir glass
- For more, visit: www.inglesidevineyards.com