Who says that the office has to be all work and no play? Not so true in my profession. Such are the joys of being a PR diva by day and a wine blogger by night. You get to promote delicious food in a swanky $35 million Tribeca flat with some of the most fun and notable celebs...
A little over a week ago (yes, I've been slacking in my blogging duties *slap*), I had the opportunity to pull together a special dinner party for Kathy Griffin in light of her hosting duties for the BRAVO A-List Awards. Bertolli teamed up with celeb chef Rocco DiSpirito to create a special menu chock full of delicious options for Kathy and a few friends - and lucky for me, I got a taste of it all... wine included!
So, just who was at this shindig? Well, it all started with the outspoken Jill Zarin of "Real Housewives of New York City." Fashion guru Robert Verdi was also in tote with a beautiful Louis Vuitton handbag, followed by Ross "I'm No Longer an Intern" Mathews who's got new show on TheInsider.com! Even Rachael Ray dropped by for cocktail hour! And did I neglect to mention my personal eye candy slash date for the evening (ok, I wish) Tyson Beckford was there too?
And speaking of tasty, take a peek at the below which I swiped from Rocco just for all of you. I even snagged the wine list... would you expect anything less of me? Rocco even told me that the variety of wines chosen "taste great at are at a good price." So grab a few bottles alongside new Bertolli skillets and you can create a night in all you own in a matter of minutes!
- Scallops in chilled Tomato Brodo
- Eggs in Purgatorio with Caviar
- Purple Potatoes with Pesto Rosso and Fresh Mozzarella
- Wine? Prosecco Rustico, Nino Franco, nv - $19/bottle
- Asparagus with Morel Mushrooms, Mushroom Vinagrette and Fresh Pecorino
- Wine? Vini Menhir Rosato of Negroamaro 2007 - $10.50/bottle
- Bertolli Trio of Skillet Meals - including Chianti Braised Beef, Chicken Florentine Farfalle and Chicken Rigatoni & Broccoli
- Wine? Nebbiolo Langhe, Francesco Borgogno 2006 -- $19/bottle
- Lobster Aragosta with Swiss Chard and Burro Nero
- Wine? Chardonnay Strada del Sole, Noceto Michelotti 2007 -- $14.40/bottle
- Alternate Wine? Barolo Brunate, Francesco Borgogno 2003 -- $35.65/bottle
- Duetto di Crema Brusciatta con Sorbetto di Arangione e Cioccolato Fonduta
- Wine? Brachetto Cascina Sant'Ubaldo, nv -- $20/bottle
- Tyson Beckford?? Oh wait...